Learning to manage people is a 10,000 hour job. This list came about in early 2015, when I was experimenting with paid content: in user interviews, one reader told me that she’d pay for a guided tour to my blog.
This (free) collection isn’t exactly that guided tour. These brief pieces outline the thinking that fuels my work, particularly my management development program, the #Management Intensive.
- Learning #Management
- What’s An Emerging Manager?
- Silver Bullets, Workshops, and Workbenches
- The Authoritative Resource Problem and #Management
- National Service, Culture, and the Workplace
- The Management Stack, the Story Arc, and World Building
- How I Read About #Management
- Programmers as Emerging Managers: Walking to Excellence, January, 2015 BrooklynJS presentation
- On Management: Reading, Ampersand (my monthly “podletter”)
- Syllabus for my #Management Intensive program
- What You Disregard, You Accept: Red Flags for CEOs
- And my sometimes current list of related projects is here.